Lineman Instructor Position
** PLEASE EMAIL NANCI AT NANCI.LEICHING@LINEMENINSTITUTE.COM YOUR RESUME & COVER LETTER**
As a Journeyman Lineman with 10+ years experience, you've done your time working the field. You've answered every call out, you've been gone from your family for weeks at a time and you've done whatever was needed to get the lights back on because your community depends on you. You are part of a brotherhood that truly matters because without electricity our society does not function.
But, as every Journeyman Lineman knows, your dedication to your job comes with a price: you've missed your kids' games, you've missed your mother-in-law's 75th birthday party (and she and your wife will never let you forget it), you've missed Halloweens, Thanksgivings, Christmases (sometimes all three in a row), you've suffered from severe lack of sleep and you've gotten to know your fellow Linemen way more than you've ever wanted to.
What if we told you there was a way to remain part of the brotherhood and to truly be an integral part of the electric utility community without missing any holidays, any sleep or anybody's birthday parties? As a Lineman Training Instructor for Linemen Institute of the North East (L.I.N.E.) we truly do get the Line Life because we were right there with you. Founded by a 38-year Journeyman Lineman and his family, we have been in the trenches with you and we consciously crafted our Lineman Training Instructor position to reflect the needs as well as desires of our instructors and their families.
When you are part of Linemen Institute of the North East you . . .
• Have five weeks of PTO when you start with L.I.N.E. along with company paid holidays (and a couple of bonus days!)
• Work Monday through Thursday, 7 AM to 4:30 PM (three day weekends!)
• Have 100% company paid medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family (plan choice is yours!)
• Have a 401(k) with a 3% match whether you participate or not
• Receive an annual bonus (and it's not measly in the slightest!) based on student retention numbers along with other variables
• Go on a lot of company paid trips including The International Linemen's Rodeo in Kansas City (bring the wife!), Linemen Supply Charity Golf Tournament and others!
• Receive free L.I.N.E. tuition for your children
• Utilize our Company Equipment Lending Program
• Spend (or save!) your $15,000 sign on bonus
• Enjoy working with the premier pre-apprentice linemen training school in the north east - Linemen Institute of the North East, a company that truly cares about our employees AND their families!
We know what you're saying: what about the money?!
Linemen Institute of the North East pays you an annual salary in excess of Journeyman Lineman wages in the northeast as a salaried employee (don't forget about your bonus and your no-cost benefits and your annual raise!) based on a 40-hour work week regardless of hours worked (sometimes we leave early *wink wink*) along with all the excellent benefits listed above!
• A minimum of 10 years documented Journeyman Lineman electrical field work experience
• Working knowledge of up-to-date industrial trade principles, methods and techniques
• Ability to climb steel and wood structures
• Ability to effectively train others in field and classroom environment
• Excellent communication skills along with proficiency with computers
• Ability to obtain company paid NYS required training
• Class A CDL